
We are in Pigeon Forge this week for the World Championship Fast pitch Softball Tournament. The games started Tuesday and the tournament ends on Sunday. We had a game 1 Tuesday and 1 Wednesday that are called "pool" games. They are games that you play that do not go to the double elimination. I would not say that they do not count since the games help to place you in the tournament....Really I do not know all the functions of the pool games other than I refer them to warm up games. The "tournament" games started Thursday. We lost one pool game and won the second. We lost our Thursday game but won our game today. This is a double elimination so we keep playing until we lose. We play again tomorrow. We played awesome today and I am very proud of the girls. I have to remind myself that they are only 8 and 9 so there are days when they are in the mood and play awesome and then there are days when they are not and we have not been able to figure out what to do to get them in the mood. So when they are not then you can just hang it up! Yesterday and today AL had good games. She made errors as usual but she really stepped up and hit some great hits and fielded good plays.
I am very proud of the girls. I can see improvements in all of them. I am especially proud of my baby girl. She has really improved this year. She is far from perfect (yes even in my tinted glasses I can admit that!) but I am seeing her take initiatives in learning and improving her skills for the game. She made all star this year and that made our pride in her swell. I am thankful for the time Tracy had up here to watch her play and be able to share the memories with her and to see her improvement.


No comments:
Post a Comment