Friday, February 6, 2009

Bye Shaggy...Hello Bugs

Well, the other part about farming is when animals are sold. When Shaggy the goat was born, I told Tracy a home would have to be found for the goat. I am going back to work and will be unable to feed the goat during the day. Tracy had not realized how attached the kids got to the goat. He was able to find a family that wanted the goat and were able to bottle feed it. Well, upon announcing the news to the children, Tyler had a hissie fit!!! In order to calm Tyler down, Tracy promised a dog. Tyler was inconsolable and told me he was ready to quit the family.



Good to say that Tyler is still in the family. A night at Grandmommy's house and a day of fun visiting Aunt Laura helped to get over the upset.



Only one little problem..., I do not have statistical data to back up my theory, but children's memories are better than elephants!!

Meet BUGS
  • She is the new dog that belongs to Anna Lea and Tyler. She is a mut that we got from the Vet Clinic in town. She has some lab it looks in her but her legs are short, so the vet is guessing a medium size dog. She is black with white on her feet. I am unsure of living arrangements at this time. She will be sleeping with Tyler then I would like for her to stay in the pen during the day. I get vetoed quite a bit on dogs and living arrangements, so we will see.

Tyler had 3 requirements: Must listen, Must follow me around, Must catch ball and bring it back. So really 4....

Well glad to say Bugs follows the kids every foot step, can chase a ball, and so far listens. Wish I had a couple of kids that followed those same requirements. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment