Thursday, May 28, 2009

Whoops!

Well, I tell stories on the kids so I reckon it is only fair to tell one on me. We have goats and pigs and our neighbor has cows. Last year the cows kept getting into our field and we had a running joke that we would fix the fence and own some cows. Well the fences were fixed to keep cows out of our goats and pigs. A couple of weeks ago I got off early and picked up Tyler from school, AnnaLea was off somewhere so it was Momma and the boys. I drove up the road toward the house and saw 8 cows in our field hugging the fence line to our neighbors cows. I told Tyler that the storms must have knocked a fence down somewhere so we went to the field to check it out. There was a nearby gate so being the nice neighbor, I decided that I would open the gate and push the cows back to their land. Tyler said, "Momma, I think they are our cows." I told him we did not have cows and that we could not keep our neighbors cows. So he helped and we got it done relatively quick and easy with help from Tucker. Later that evening Tracy called from work and I told him the neighbor's cows were in our field but that I took care of it so he did not have to worry about it when he got home. Aren't I such a good wife?!? Well, I thought Tracy was going to come through the phone! Turns out they were not the neighbor's cows but some we were holding for a friend. They had been there several days and I was to go get them back immediately. Then the what was I thinking the neighbors have dairy cows it was obvious that the cows we had were (I don't know the different kinds of cows) not dairy cows. Ok, defense for my side is one I leave at dark and get home after ball at dark so I never saw them. Two, I really don't pay much attention anyway. Three, no one ever told me about keeping some cows. Four, it has 4 legs and says moo, it is a cow, I don't know the kinds!

Well the neighbor got a good laugh. We have 3 back and the others I guess will come home later. Tracy has learned that he needs to let me know trivial info such as what animals are ours. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment