Monday, January 26, 2009

Eating Words

I learned when I had children that every "comment" I made about that started with "When I have a child, he will never...." comes back to me in tenfold sometimes one hundredfold!!!

Well, I have discovered a whole other world of staying home and my comments about what I thought of staying at home has come back to me in the same manner. I have been on maternity leave from work. When I left work to stay home, I had an entire list of things I was going to get done while at home. This was entirely possible because when you stay home with children you have time and the ability to get stuff done since you are at home. I mean stay home mothers should not have problems keeping the house clean, cooking, organizing the house, keeping up with laundry, and getting little projects done. I also wanted to read some books...... PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEEE!!

Whatever! I have not accomplished anything on my list! In fact my house is messier now than before! This probably does not surprise those who stay at home, but to all the working moms out there, staying home is a full time job that does not have office hours. Even drafting this post, I have numerous interuptions. Other than AnnaLea and Tyler, I had forgotten that newborns require ALOT of attention. See, I thought that while the kids were at school and Tucker was asleep I could get stuff done. HA HA Tucker does not sleep like that and when he does snooze, I can maybe fold a load of laundry or maybe load the dishwasher, possibly take a shower.

Yes, all stay at home moms, go ahead and laugh and do the smug look. I take my hat off to you. I have completely eaten all my comments and I now have a new respect for you!

2 comments:

  1. No smug look here. I think you did a good job of keeping those thoughts to yourself. :) I remember thinking it odd that we took food to families with a newborn. That is until my friends walked in with supper on our first day home from the hospital with Lincoln. It was amazing how wonderful that was. Aren't life lessons nice?!

    ReplyDelete