As you all my know my big bro Jeff is all about Ford cars. You may even be a recipient to his daily "buy a Ford" emails. I am always amazed about how much he knows about the cars!!! He was down Friday helping mom and dad clean out the flower beds. There was still daylight and he walked in and offered to wash the car. I told him that would be awesome b/c I had not had the time to get the salt off my car. He quickly informed me that the offer was for mom's car. :) I had to try. So out we went to wash cars! Jeff to wash mom's Ford and me to wash my Nissan van. We had great help provided by my little slaves. Well I am now educated about how Ford has the best paint and that no other company can compare to Ford's paint. Then you should have seen him when he stood back and admired the clean car. I am very proud of my brother but even more than that I am happy that he has great pride in his job and the company for which he works. I believe that in order to be truly happy you must be happy with who you work for since that is where you spend the majority of your day.
He drove down in his Ford Mustang GT Convertible (I think I got that right!) Well, Tyler was ALL over that. He got to ride with Uncle Jeff to Uncle Bud's to eat. When we got there he was, "Momma, Momma, Uncle Jeff has the most awesome vehicle (not car mind you but vehicle, Tyler is 6!)." "Momma, Momma, Uncle Jeff has the most awesome music (Tyler has speech issues so that comes out as Moosic)!" "Oh Momma, did you see it! It was awesome! I like that vehicle. I want that vehicle when I grow up" He is still talking about it. Anyway during this exuberant dialogue you could see Uncle Jeff start to swell with pride. First he stood up straighter, then his chest puffed out some, then the "Jeff" smirk flirted with Jeff's face until he could no longer contain it. I swear I could see Jeff's head start to swell. It was very entertaining listening to Tyler but more entertaining to watch Jeff!
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I told Amy on the phone that this experience reminded me of our childhood. Jeff's first car was the Dodge Dart. Every summer after we swam, we'd pile in the back seat of that car (I still remember how it smelled). We would have to roll all 4 windows down to cool off b/c there was no AC. We always had good music to listen to b/c every Sunday Jeff "TAPED" the Top 40 Countdown. Now the memory is almost complete except for the fact that Jeff ALWAYS had a dripping, cold Sun-Drop in the cupholder. I do think that Jeff had more fun taking his neice and nephew for a ride than he ever did carting his little sisters around. But that is normal! :)
ReplyDeleteI told Amy on the phone that this experience reminded me of our childhood. Jeff's first car was the Dodge Dart. Every summer after we swam, we'd pile in the back seat of that car (I still remember how it smelled). We would have to roll all 4 windows down to cool off b/c there was no AC. We always had good music to listen to b/c every Sunday Jeff "TAPED" the Top 40 Countdown. Now the memory is almost complete except for the fact that Jeff ALWAYS had a dripping, cold Sun-Drop in the cupholder. I do think that Jeff had more fun taking his neice and nephew for a ride than he ever did carting his little sisters around. But that is normal! :)
ReplyDelete